This year I have been lucky enough to be granted new opportunities that have allowed me to explore new avenues. One of the best things I have been working on this year is teacher training for dancing. Through this I’ve been asked to set myself goals each week for what I hope to improve on and achieve and actually putting these on paper has made me work harder to reach them.
I do consistently have goals for myself but I never really set to achieve them in a specific timescale and tend to stick them at the back of my mind with plenty of room for forgetting. Through my training programme, I’ve concluded that the optimal way for me to stay focussed on a goal is to say when I would like to have achieved it and write it down in a place that will make it a constant reminder to myself (I’ve found that sticky notes in my diary are useful for this). So, I’ve decided that each month I would like to set myself 5 goals… and try my best to achieve them. If at first attempt I don’t succeed, I will re-evaluate how I didn’t succeed and alter the goal to suit.
1. Rise earlier in the morning. I’m very guilty of being up all night and lying in some mornings. Whenever I have an early start, I feel so much more productive and energetic. Most mornings, I am awake for uni before 8 but if I have a late class then I’m not as disciplined. I’m aiming to be awake at 8am every morning in March. I will cut myself some slack on a Sunday (cause Sunday’s are lazy days right??).
2. Study for looming exams. We are almost finished the teaching period of semester 2 at university. My goal is to at least have summary notes written up for all of my classes and complete the recommended reading by the end of March. Achieveable I hope!
3. Eat healthy. The problem with studying is the amount of rubbish I eat when I do so. I have been reasonably good recently with my diet so I’m hoping to continue that through March and explore new recipes and snack ideas. If anyone has any good ideas let me know!
4. Declutter. March is the perfect opportunity for me to do some decluttering. I am making over my room this month so I will make time to clear out both my chests of drawers.
5. Socialise and get to know people more. I have just become secretary of my much adored dance club (yayyyyy!!) and I admittedly know the majority of people there really well… but I’m still SOOO bad with some people’s names. I hope to socialise more and find out more about everyone – this time cementing the forgotten names in my brain!!
I hope you enjoyed reading my goal setting. What are your goals?